(IC) Hommlet.   Posted by Dungeonmaster.Group: 0
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 1986 posts
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 02:27
Re: (IC) Hommlet
As the dwarf and elf attempt to hoist it up, one of the farmers goes to the wagon and pulls out a spare wheel. Not as good as the other one but could prove to be effective. He can barely get it near the broken aisle and motions Derga to help as well as the other farmer. The other two are trying to get some leverage under it but its covered in mud.
Gyngyr Doublebock
 Dwarf Fighter, 11 posts
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 03:01
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Gyngyr looks back, "I can't get a good grip!  We could use some more help!"

OOC: Terrible roll...
22:59, Today: Gyngyr Doublebock rolled 6 using 1d20+3.  STR Check.
Derga Guiladil
 Human Beguiler, 22 posts
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 03:03
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Derga quickly moves over to help lift the new wheel on to the axle. He does his best to find a good hand grip and lift. As he lifts he tries to make a bit of small talk, "So what caused the original wheel to snap?"

OOC: 22:58, Today: Derga Guiladil rolled 18 using 1d20+1.  str check to position wheel1
Kayja
 Half-Elf Cleric, 30 posts
 HP 36/36, AC 18
 F: +5, R: +1, W: +8
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 06:03
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Kayja moves in quickly to help wherever it's most needed. Her muscles -- quite developed for a half-elf, as one might expect from a god with the Strength Domain in his portfolio -- strain against the load.

01:02, Today: Kayja rolled 18 using 1d20+2 ((16)).
Drahkir Liadon
 Halfling Warmage, 11 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F: +4 R: +5 W: +6
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 07:33
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"Just remember to use your whole body when lifting. Don't want to cause muscle strain," commented the warmage as he began to put his back into it.

02:32, Today: Drahkir Liadon rolled 17 using 1d20.  Strength Check.
Meirdrarel Wildwood
 Elf Duskblade, 55 posts
 Not easy being green
 Ware my might!
Tue 9 Aug 2022
at 12:52
Re: (IC) Hommlet
MW nods the the man with the new wheel, getting him into place, he then gets the other farmer in place to pass off the broken wheel to...

Using his mental ability to make the job easier it is a matter on brains over brawn for MW most of the time.....
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 1988 posts
Wed 10 Aug 2022
at 00:19
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Between everyones help they are able to get the new wagon wheel in its place and make it so it rests on all fours. All of the farmers nod their head in thanks and the one who spoke up speaks "Thanks. Maybe it was old, hard to say. Could be this damn mud." Two of them climb up and start to head to town. One of them start to head into one of the fields. He glances at each of them "If your lookin' for work, find Elmo. Good lad."
Meirdrarel Wildwood
 Elf Duskblade, 56 posts
 Not easy being green
 Ware my might!
Wed 10 Aug 2022
at 00:36
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"You are welcome,  if you like we can take the wheel to the blacksmith, he can use the rim if naught else in a new wheel.  If you have need of it, I will pay the smith to make it into a new one."


MW is curious about what happened to the wheel based on the farmers comments....
Gyngyr Doublebock
 Dwarf Fighter, 12 posts
Wed 10 Aug 2022
at 16:21
Re: (IC) Hommlet
After the work on the wagons wheel is completed, Gyngyr will hoist her pack back on and retrieve her hammer.  "Thank you fer the information about finding some work in town!"

She looks to the others, "I guess we find some lodging and this Elmo?"
Derga Guiladil
 Human Beguiler, 23 posts
Wed 10 Aug 2022
at 16:36
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Derga begins to head in to town with the others. Hearing Gyngyr's last comment he turns with a smile and tries to catch the farmer before he gets to far, "You recommend  this Elmo person for work which is fine, can you also recommend a good place to stay in town?"
Drahkir Liadon
 Halfling Warmage, 12 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F: +4 R: +5 W: +6
Wed 10 Aug 2022
at 18:37
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"Yes, we do appreciate the direction. It will save us time that we surely would have wasted wandering around town," he added on as the others inquired about lodging and other things. Drahkir just continued along the path after the wagon since the others would catch up and inform him of any recommendations for where to sleep.
Kayja
 Half-Elf Cleric, 31 posts
 HP 36/36, AC 18
 F: +5, R: +1, W: +8
Thu 11 Aug 2022
at 02:22
Re: (IC) Hommlet
The cleric calmly follows the others into town. “I know I’m down to nearly my last gold pieces,” she says. “Perhaps we should find this Elmo first?”
Gyngyr Doublebock
 Dwarf Fighter, 13 posts
Thu 11 Aug 2022
at 03:21
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Kayja:
The cleric calmly follows the others into town. “I know I’m down to nearly my last gold pieces,” she says. “Perhaps we should find this Elmo first?”

"I have some gold I can spot ya or cover room and a meal if you like?" Gyngyr says to their cleric as they proceed into town.
Meirdrarel Wildwood
 Elf Duskblade, 57 posts
 Not easy being green
 Ware my might!
Thu 11 Aug 2022
at 12:47
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"Thank you kindly for the offer.  I  have some coin in reserve.  Perhaps until we know the town better, it might be wise to have only one  of us  make purchases, though that one will be a mark for thieves and pick-pockets for sure."

MW has picked up the iron rim of the wheel and strapped the wood into a shemagh as best he can.....he rolls the rim towards the town, looking to see if he can spot the smoke of the blacksmith shop.....
"I planned to see if  the blacksmith could get a new wheel set for the farmers, might as well start making friends along the way."
Gyngyr Doublebock
 Dwarf Fighter, 14 posts
Sat 13 Aug 2022
at 04:10
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Meirdrarel Wildwood:
"Thank you kindly for the offer.  I  have some coin in reserve.  Perhaps until we know the town better, it might be wise to have only one  of us  make purchases, though that one will be a mark for thieves and pick-pockets for sure."

MW has picked up the iron rim of the wheel and strapped the wood into a shemagh as best he can.....he rolls the rim towards the town, looking to see if he can spot the smoke of the blacksmith shop.....
"I planned to see if  the blacksmith could get a new wheel set for the farmers, might as well start making friends along the way."

Gyngyr nods in agreement.  "Aye, perhaps we should have only one of us be spokesperson for the group.  You seem the person, to me at least, to fit that bill for us?  I could handle the coin if we have a deficiency of money right now?  What do the rest of you think about that?

I have some skills with the forge that I could help or assist in the wheel.  It's mostly making armor but, another helping hand couldn't hurt?"

Meirdrarel Wildwood
 Elf Duskblade, 59 posts
 Not easy being green
 Ware my might!
Sat 13 Aug 2022
at 12:26
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"I was thinking Kayja might be a good choice as both a woman and a cleric, people tend to trust such a dedicated person, and an attractive one rather than some of us in the group. I include myself as well, humans often distrust us elves. If she agrees I will give over to her some coin to be our spokesperson."

MW looks to Kayja to see if she is interested....
Kayja
 Half-Elf Cleric, 33 posts
 HP 36/36, AC 18
 F: +5, R: +1, W: +8
Sat 13 Aug 2022
at 13:19
Re: (IC) Hommlet
The young half-elf smiles back at Meirdrarel and nods. "I'm no professional negotiator," she says, "but I'd be happy to speak for the group. I've more than enough coin left to find us lodging, and in a town this small, I've no doubt that lodging will be reasonable."

She heads into town to find a hostel or inn, leading the group as she goes.
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 1994 posts
Sat 13 Aug 2022
at 20:30
Re: (IC) Hommlet
One of the farmers speaks off before moving the wagon forwards "Follow this path and you'll find the inn. Welcome Wench. Not sure if Elmo has anything. There's two people in charge. Sort of. They don't get into the affairs often but I heard will defend their home if needbe." He nods his head and starts to head down the path.
Drahkir Liadon
 Halfling Warmage, 15 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F: +4 R: +5 W: +6
Sun 14 Aug 2022
at 05:23
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"Well, that is a rather interesting name for a tavern. Maybe you can find out the origin of the name, Kayja, when we get there," commented Drahkir as he continued on his way toward the town. He was glad that he wasn't the one to get suggested to be the talkative one.

"And I can also help with paying for rooms should we need to stay overnight here, so no need to fret on that front."
Meirdrarel Wildwood
 Elf Duskblade, 62 posts
 Not easy being green
 Ware my might!
Sun 14 Aug 2022
at 12:19
Re: (IC) Hommlet
MW is smiling broadly
“I was waiting to see and confirm that is the name of the inn and not a greeting intended for our cleric…”

MW goes ahead and passes a gold piece, and 2 silvers  over to their newly appointed bargainer….
Kayja
 Half-Elf Cleric, 36 posts
 HP 36/36, AC 18
 F: +5, R: +1, W: +8
Sun 14 Aug 2022
at 13:09
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Kayja removes her gauntlets as she enters the tavern, her half-elven eyes adjusting quickly to the relative darkness of the interior. Tucking the gauntlets into her belt, she moves out of the doorway to allow the others to enter, looking around for the proprietor or proprietors. "Good afternoon," she calls out, chasing an errant strand of red hair away from her face. "With whom may I inquire about a room?

"And some ale, perhaps,"
she adds with a smile.
Drahkir Liadon
 Halfling Warmage, 16 posts
 HP: 32/32 AC: 18
 F: +4 R: +5 W: +6
Mon 15 Aug 2022
at 19:17
Re: (IC) Hommlet
"Only water for me. Such drinks don't tend to sit well with me, and I'd rather be in top shape should we find some work today," chimed in Drahkir as he filed into the tavern. He supposed that they could save some coin if they could just get a rather large room to accommodate their party, but that might have been wishing for too much.
Gyngyr Doublebock
 Dwarf Fighter, 17 posts
Mon 15 Aug 2022
at 19:49
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Kayja:
Kayja removes her gauntlets as she enters the tavern, her half-elven eyes adjusting quickly to the relative darkness of the interior. Tucking the gauntlets into her belt, she moves out of the doorway to allow the others to enter, looking around for the proprietor or proprietors. "Good afternoon," she calls out, chasing an errant strand of red hair away from her face. "With whom may I inquire about a room?

"And some ale, perhaps,"
she adds with a smile.

"Aye!  An perhaps a bite to eat to get the taste of the road from our mouths?  Any specials perhaps," Gyngyr adds after Kayja makes initial contact with an Inns' employee.  Gyngyr looks around the room looking for a table for all to sit and to take in if there are any patrons inside the establishment.
Derga Guiladil
 Human Beguiler, 26 posts
Mon 15 Aug 2022
at 20:41
Re: (IC) Hommlet
Derga walks in as well joining Gyngyr looking for a table. "I would prefer some wine or a warm tea. Some food would be nice as well." He slowly looks around the room taking in as much as he can as to looks and occupants.
Dungeonmaster
 GM, 1999 posts
Mon 15 Aug 2022
at 23:11
(IC) Hommlet: IInn of the Welcome Wench
The Welcome Wench is a small tavern and inn. A bar mistress watches this odd band of adventures coming up towards her. She puts her hands on her hips and snorts. A few tables linger around with what looks like some sort of musician adjust his fiddle. He sits by a lit fireplace probably warming him up. Its not a bad inn, with a set of stairs leading up to a second floor.

"Water? Are you kidding me? You walk into a tavern and want water." The woman sneers. She looks at Derga "We got wine. What you want to eat? Got several. Poched egg. Beef stew. Salmon. Spiced sausages. Marinated chops. And other things. Come on." She seems to be impatient "We got ale. A tavern without it is well nothing. You want a room? All of you? 3 gold a night. Gettin' all of you in one would be tight. Going to need at least two room. That halfling will be 2 gold. So 9 gold for 2 rooms. So with 2 ales. your damn water so that will be free. "