(IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....   Posted by Gamemaster.Group: 0
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 102 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2022
at 03:50
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Isaac Harvester:
Brokk Grunk:
Brokk gets behind something so he isn't accidentally shot by his employer.  He calls out to him, "Hey Boss!  It's me Brokk.  These're my friends with me. Dont shoot, I'm coming out."

Isaac helpfully makes himself the thing Brokk gets behind, his considerable bulk a solid mass against accidents. "Now, let's stay peaceful and un-flamed, or whatever that weapon does. We're looking for your safety, after all." he says, putting his sword away.

As long as Isaac doesn't mind, he will take the human shield option peeking out behind him as he talks to the Gnome.
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 235 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Sat 23 Jul 2022
at 11:42
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko keeps his hands up....

Bucko spends some time thinking carefully and he manages to say.

"You said we so loud and talks loud so you know we are supposed to be here and are concerned for our friend."
Gamemaster
 GM, 519 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2022
at 20:58
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
"Everyone drop yer damn weapons. Now!" The gnome keeps the gun up aimed at the goblin "Brokk? That you? Son of a damn..." Though it apparently means he knows the others, he keeps the weapon still ready "Bloody good fer nothin' crazy constructs came in here and wrecked my shop! My beautiful shop!"
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 103 posts
Sat 23 Jul 2022
at 23:21
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Gamemaster:
"Everyone drop yer damn weapons. Now!" The gnome keeps the gun up aimed at the goblin "Brokk? That you? Son of a damn..." Though it apparently means he knows the others, he keeps the weapon still ready "Bloody good fer nothin' crazy constructs came in here and wrecked my shop! My beautiful shop!"

"Everyone relax and put your weapons away! Yeah boss, it's me!  They attacked us at the tavern as I dropped off what you had given me to deliver."

Brokk sheathes his own kukri and waves at the Goblin, " He's a little ticked off right now and he'll shoot you."

This message was last edited by the GM at 23:47, Sat 23 July.

Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 238 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Mon 25 Jul 2022
at 16:50
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
"We fought some o them constructs at the bar, just a bit ago....we brought them here to sells for scraps.  You go see we hads to fights them, you finds bullet holes in one o them for sure, we gots even fer yer shop!  We find out who send em and we can get hims too!..."


Bucko pauses...
"I plans to shoot his face, whens I finds it."
Gamemaster
 GM, 523 posts
Mon 25 Jul 2022
at 18:35
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
The ratfolk is a bit more relaxed now that people are no longer threatening each other and yelling. Vermina is still a bit wary though and still hiding a little bit behind Brokk, but not as much anymore. Some spooks her probably the gnome yelling and she shifts off behind everyone and steps outside. Out of sight, out of mind.

This message was last edited by the GM at 18:35, Mon 25 July.

Isaac Harvester
 Human Paladin, 14 posts
Mon 25 Jul 2022
at 17:19
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Standing more like a guard than a barrier now, he sheathes his sword and slings his shield, letting the conversation flow past him. Seeing how things seem under control and not adversarial, Isaac heads back downstairs to watch for these aforementioned construct-raiders at the main door.
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 106 posts
Mon 25 Jul 2022
at 23:39
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Brokk and looks at Bucko, "Lower your damn gun Bucko!  He's not our enemy!"  Brokk next steps out from behind Isaac.  "C'mon boss.  Cooler heads prevail.  We're all good here.  Matter of fact, Isaac here is a Paladin!  How much more gooder do you need?"

OOC: Brokk is assuming that Bucko is talking about shooting the Gnome in the face?
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 244 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Tue 26 Jul 2022
at 00:36
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko points at the stairs and his musket on the ground...

"I already did!  We are all friends here!"
Gamemaster
 GM, 528 posts
Tue 26 Jul 2022
at 02:10
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
"WHat in bloody hell is that damn goblin even saying fer crying out loud. Make some damn sense you little...well..." The gnome grumbles, keeping the gun at Bucko "I don't trust anyone that worship anyhing. Yah know that. All that there taking their noses and shoving them so far up their..." He finally puts the gun in his belt and starts to head down "Move it!" He mutters.
Isaac Harvester
 Human Paladin, 15 posts
Tue 26 Jul 2022
at 17:31
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Seeing nothing of note in the empty streets, Isaac turns back to face the interior, wondering where the true enemy hides.
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 108 posts
Wed 27 Jul 2022
at 19:10
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Gamemaster:
"WHat in bloody hell is that damn goblin even saying fer crying out loud. Make some damn sense you little...well..." The gnome grumbles, keeping the gun at Bucko "I don't trust anyone that worship anyhing. Yah know that. All that there taking their noses and shoving them so far up their..." He finally puts the gun in his belt and starts to head down "Move it!" He mutters.

Brokk will make sure he gets out of the way of his boss and ask, "Any idea what happened here boss?"
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 246 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Wed 27 Jul 2022
at 19:45
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko keeps his hands up and heads down the stairs as instructed....

"Someone talk sense to tha gnome before he narrows the gap between mah ears for me."
Gamemaster
 GM, 533 posts
Wed 27 Jul 2022
at 20:12
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
"Maybe if you made -sense- with the way you talked. I strongly suggest yah keep yer trap shut before I close it fer good. My shop is bloody trashed and I don't want tah hear you doing stuff with your mouth I don't understand. Will someone tell me what the hell he's trying to say? Keep talking goblin and I'll narrow the gap, oh I definatly will. No head." Wel he's upset and taking it out on Bucko. Course not even Xander can't make sense of him half the time.

Xander steps up and rests a hand on Bucko's shoulder and looks at the gnome "I am sure the libary can help out with the repairs. And we got some construct parts we can part ways with. For free. Right Bucko?" His eyes narrow on the goblin next to him "We have some questions if you don't mind and lookng for a friend. Something about a plague and do you know if someone was controlling them?"

The gnome grumbles and grabs a chair. He sits it up and sits down "Dunno. Damn construct  came here and wrecked this place. No rhyme or reason. I was upstairs and I peered down. Yah don't live as long as I do by mouthin' off or taking chances." He rubs his chin "Well I'd check the contrusts but as yah can tell I got others things tah tend to. But I guess I can take a quick look." Grumble grumble. He drops down.

This entire place looks like a bomb went off.
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 109 posts
Thu 28 Jul 2022
at 18:51
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Gamemaster:
Xander steps up and rests a hand on Bucko's shoulder and looks at the gnome "I am sure the libary can help out with the repairs. And we got some construct parts we can part ways with. For free. Right Bucko?" His eyes narrow on the goblin next to him "We have some questions if you don't mind and lookng for a friend. Something about a plague and do you know if someone was controlling them?"

The gnome grumbles and grabs a chair. He sits it up and sits down "Dunno. Damn construct  came here and wrecked this place. No rhyme or reason. I was upstairs and I peered down. Yah don't live as long as I do by mouthin' off or taking chances." He rubs his chin "Well I'd check the contrusts but as yah can tell I got others things tah tend to. But I guess I can take a quick look." Grumble grumble. He drops down.

This entire place looks like a bomb went off.

Brokk nods when Xander puts his hand on his shoulder.  "I'm going to try and find out who did this to your business boss.  I owe that to you for putting a roof over my head and giving me a job."

This message was last edited by the player at 18:51, Thu 28 July.

Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 247 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Fri 29 Jul 2022
at 11:57
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko keeps his hands up while waiting for some sign from the gnome that he has for certain decided not to shoot him....

He left the musket on the stairs and he is not at all happy about it....what if more machines show up???

The most still and quiet you have had from the goblin in some time..
Gamemaster
 GM, 539 posts
Sat 6 Aug 2022
at 14:10
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
The gnome pulls off pieces of construct. He goes into the back and comes back with misc tool and gets to work. He's definatly not happy since his shop is almost destroyed and now he has to work without not having time to even process.

Plus that damn goblin gets on his nerves! He gets under the chestplate and pulls out a really odd mechanical device "Something I say was controlling them but not sure how close. Mayhaps they just went nuts under whomever was controlling them. Hard to say. If you give me time I can figure it out, course the shop needs to be fix first." He grumbles.

Xander glances at Brokk's hand on his shoulder and nods "Could be time but the library can help yet they will need compensation. Perhaps you do free work for them in exchange for them aiding the shop and suppling it at times with what is needed? Partnership. Course it could change as I don't govern the library."

As much as the gnome doesn't like it he nods in agreement. He is able to get two sawblade weapons off and starts to examine the 'heads'.
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 249 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Sat 6 Aug 2022
at 15:39
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko seeing the gnome involved in his task, goes up the stairs and retrieves his musket, once he has it in hand he heads outside to wait out of the sight line of the gnome and nods in answer to Xander in answer to going to the library...
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 110 posts
Sat 6 Aug 2022
at 20:23
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Brokk will begin to tidy up the shop while the Gnome works on the machines as Xander pitches his idea.
Isaac Harvester
 Human Paladin, 20 posts
Mon 8 Aug 2022
at 15:26
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Isaac, singularly unequipped to help with those gears and mechanical things, stands guard at the door, in case these rogue machines make another appearance.
Gamemaster
 GM, 542 posts
Fri 12 Aug 2022
at 00:36
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
After some time, the gnome is able to get the saw blades uses and puts them aside. He gets the chest plates fully open and stares at them "R? Whats this for? Eched inside. Both of them. New I can tell."

The wizard kneels down and puts his hands on the two chestplates <blue"Isaac and Brokk? Can you keep this place safe? Shore up the door and the window. Bucko? Where is he?"</blue> He glances around and then to the gnome "Once this shop is safe, we can go into the back and figure out what is needed. Come morning, I intend to go to the library. You can write up a letter asking for help. It will aid you." He stands up and goes to grab the chestplates and puts the near the stairs leading up.

The gnome grumbles again and goes about trying to clean up this mess. Between Brokk and the gnome, the floor is cleaned up and some areas are in decent shape but most of the gears and gizmos are ether shot or in bad shape. Xander doesn't know how to fix them but he does his best putting the ones that can be fix in one pile and the other in another.

They get a good amount done and he looks at Isaac for a moment "One of us will keep watch. So we go to the library come morning then check out the slums and the dock? Perhaps we can find out who or what is behind this. Sound good? You don't need to come, Isaac but your aid would be appreciated."
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 251 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Fri 12 Aug 2022
at 13:03
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko pops his head up high enough to peek into the window, standing on a wooden box for extra height....

"Bucko still heres stands guard makes sure no more people on roofs or robots coming."
Isaac Harvester
 Human Paladin, 21 posts
Fri 12 Aug 2022
at 15:16
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
"That's something I can take care of, certainly." the Paladin answers as he starts taking damaged scraps and boards, scavenging from nearby buildings as needed, to reinforce the window openings and such, providing a worthy defensive barrier against easy assault. If enough materials are available, he will also barricade the upper floor windows, and look for any other accesses that may expose a weakness in the defenses. His stalwart enthusiasm for the task inspires calm and focus in all nearby.
When asked about going out in the morning, he answers "I am curious at least to see some of what was reported doing all this chaos. I'd certainly want to come and find out."
Brokk Grunk
 Half-Orc Rogue, 111 posts
Sat 13 Aug 2022
at 03:37
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Brokk finishes the cleaning and takes a seat.  "Whatever you need me to do to help out the Boss!"
Bucko Rackingclaw
 Goblin Gunslinger, 252 posts
 Speak Goblin
 Carry big boomy sticky
Mon 15 Aug 2022
at 01:31
Re: (IC) Chapter 1: You meet in a tavern....
Bucko watches the broken down robots being turned into armaments for the shop itself and he nods approvingly....

"This is a good plan, to have a place safe from sawing robots so we can shoot them before they can get to us!"